Acer ScanPrisa 640U

From: Shea Martin (snowsquirrel@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 20 2001 - 01:36:14 PST

    I had my acer 640u working alright w/ 1.0.1 and the appropriate patch, and gimp 1.04. Now I have a helix version of gtk, gimp 1.2, and for some reason 1.0.1 does not want to compile. I scoured the archives and realized that there are some problems re: color alignment with the older version of sane and patches.

    So I was wondering what all is entailed in getting an acer 640u working w/ sane 1.0.4? Does anyone have a patch? I already have the firmware part correct. It is just a matter of compiling 1.0.4 backend to work with the 640U.

    I am assuming the steps are similar to the 620u, 640bu that are mention in previous months posts, but details are sketchy, and all of those posts are w/r/t 1.0.3. I might as well do 1.0.4 if I am going to go to the trouble.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in Advance

    Shea Martin

    --