Re: problems with UMAX T630 and SANE1.0.4

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 16:46:23 PST

    lorenzo moro wrote:

    > hallo everybody!
    > I'm using an ancient three-passages Umax Vista T630 scanner connected by an Adaptec AIC-7850 scsi card to my linuxbox running Mandrake 7.2 (kernel 2.2.17 and glibc 2.1.3).
    > I installed SANE 1.0.4 in rpm format.
    > When I make scans, the device on which the ccds are mounted (sorry, I don't the word for it...) begins to tremble and make loud sounds when it reaches the end of its path. This happens for each of
    > the three RGB passages. The resulting image has its RGB channels offset.
    > It seems like my scanners doesn't know where to stop.
    > I downgraded to SANE 1.0.1-4.rpm and everything works correctly (except for the "fake" error warning when the operation is over).
    >
    > Is there someone who can tell me what's wrong?

    Hi lorenzo,
    it looks like this behaviour depends on the firmware version of the Vista T630.

    Please try the following:
    remove sane-backends from your system,
    get sane-backends-1.0.4 source package
    ./configure
    vi backend/Makefile and add to CPPFLAGS = ...
    -DUMAX_SPEED_SELECTABLE

    then compile and install sane-backends

    You now get the advanced options "slow speed" and "smear".
    Try what happens if you enable "slow speed"

    Please tell me the firmware version of your scanner.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch