problems with UMAX T630 and SANE1.0.4

From: lorenzo moro (dr.kappa@mclink.it)
Date: Sat Jan 06 2001 - 14:45:22 PST

    hallo everybody!
    I'm using an ancient three-passages Umax Vista T630 scanner connected by
    an Adaptec AIC-7850 scsi card to my linuxbox running Mandrake 7.2
    (kernel 2.2.17 and glibc 2.1.3).
    I installed SANE 1.0.4 in rpm format.
    When I make scans, the device on which the ccds are mounted (sorry, I
    don't the word for it...) begins to tremble and make loud sounds when it
    reaches the end of its path. This happens for each of the three RGB
    passages. The resulting image has its RGB channels offset.
    It seems like my scanners doesn't know where to stop.
    I downgraded to SANE 1.0.1-4.rpm and everything works correctly (except
    for the "fake" error warning when the operation is over).

    Is there someone who can tell me what's wrong?

    thank you

    lorenzo moro

    --
    l.m./dr.kappa
    assistant director & digital video editor