Re: xsane-0.65 configure script

From: James Tappin (james@xena.uklinux.net)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 00:33:58 PST

    On Friday 22 December 2000 21:15, you wrote:
    >>> Hi Per,
    >>>
    >>> like printed in the output, gimp-config could not be found.
    >>>
    >>> Please find out where gimp-config is installed.
    >>> If it is not in your path, call configure with
    >>> option --with-gimp-prefix=PFX
    >>>
    >>> Please give me feedback if that is the problem.
    >>>
    >>> Bye
    >>> Oliver
    >
    >Hi Oliver,
    >
    >I have tried the option --with-gimp-prefix=PFX but it does not
    >work. The SuSE 6.3 GIMP rpm archive does not install a gimp-config
    >file. Teh old version of the configure script worked fine out of the
    >box. What did you change? Are you (the script) now looking for different
    >files then befor?
    >
    >I have tried the xsane-0.67. The same problem! I can not compile xsane
    >with the gimp plugin feature.

    If you're installing gimp from RPM you need to install the gimp-devel
    package as well -- contains the gimp-config script and various header
    files.

    However with 0.68 autodetection of gimp fails and using the heavy-mob
    method (--with-gimp-prefix=/usr --enable-gimp --disable-gimptest) fails to
    link with the folowing error:
    gcc -L/usr/lib -o xsane xsane-back-gtk.o xsane-front-gtk.o xsane-gamma.o
    xsane-preview.o xsane-rc-io.o xsane-device-preferences.o
    xsane-preferences.o xsane-setup.o xsane-save.o xsane-scan.o xsane-icons.o
    xsane.o \
            ../lib/liblib.a -L/usr/lib -lgimp -lsane -lnsl -lm -ljpeg
    -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl
    -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lpng -ltiff -ljpeg -lz -lm
    /usr/lib/libgimp.so: undefined reference to `PLUG_IN_INFO'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

    --
    James Tappin,               O__      "I forget the punishment for using
    james@xena.uklinux.net     --  \/`    Microsoft --- Something lingering