save 1.0.3 compile problem w/ gimp compat

From: John Hunter (jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 08:04:55 PST

    I am trying to compile sane-1.0.3 and the compile is crashing on
    xscanimage.c. The error messages indicate that it is not recognizing
    the types GParam and GPlugInInfo. I recently installed gimp v1.1.30
    (didn't know it was developers until too late). I know that these
    type names have changed to GimpParam, etc..., but the header
    libgimp/gimp.h includes gimpcompat.h, which #defines these old names as
    the new names. So I am not sure why I am having this compile problem.

    The gimp.h file is definitely in my include path and it is the only
    one in my include path.

    Version info
    gtk+-1.28
    glib-1.28
    gimp-1.1.30
    sane-1.0.3
    gcc-2.95.2

    BTW, I need to compile from source (I am told) in order to get
    xscanimage to work as a plugin from gimp. I was using xscanimage
    v.1.0.1 as a plugin successfully with gimp v1.0.something, but when I
    upgraded to the developers version of gimp, the gimp load freezes at
    the plug in load part with a symbolic link to xscanimage. That is why
    I embarked on this install-from-source path for sane.

    Thanks for any help,
    John Hunter

    Some of the compiler errors:

    gcc -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPATH_SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/sane.d -DPATH_SANE_DATA_DIR=/usr/local/share -DV_MAJOR=1 -DV_MINOR=0 -g -O2 -W -Wall -DSCSIBUFFERSIZE=131072 xscanimage.c
    xscanimage.c:65: parse error before `GParam'
    xscanimage.c:68: parse error before `PLUG_IN_INFO'
    xscanimage.c:68: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `PLUG_IN_INFO'
    xscanimage.c:70: warning: initialization makes integer from pointer without a cast
    xscanimage.c:71: warning: excess elements in scalar initializer