Re: Poblems with Epson 1200 usb

From: Paul van der Vlis (paul@vandervlis.nl)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 11:35:39 PST

    Hello!

    > Hello I have I epson 1240USB scanner whats its compatible with
    > 1200 USB scanner.
    >
    > To use with SuSE 6.4, I follow the instruccions in Karl Heinz
    > Kremer's website, and it works perfectly.
    >
    > In SuSE 7.0, the only than I have to do It's a very simple
    > modprobre scanner vendor=xXXXX product=xYYYY
    > And I's works perfectly.

    I tried the standard-kernel what comes with 7.0 and the Suse USB
    startup-script. I have the same problems as with the 2.4.0-test12
    kernel:

    ----
    bash-2.04# modprobe scanner -v
    /sbin/insmod /lib/modules/2.2.16/usb/scanner.o vendor=0x04b8
    product=0x0104
    Using /lib/modules/2.2.16/usb/scanner.o
    Symbol version prefix ''
    bash-2.04# /usr/local/bin/scanimage -L -v
    [epson] Unknown type  or level @, using B3
    device `epson:/dev/usbscanner0' is a Epson Perfection1200 flatbed
    scanner
    ----

    Maybe this problem has to do with the installation of the developper-kernel, I am not sure. What version of Sane are you using, and does it work together with Suse's Xsane?

    Bye, Paul.