RH 7.0 server for Xsane Win32

From: Matt Mozur (matt.mozur@sourwood.net)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 23:44:21 PST

    I had a bit of fun getting my RH 7.0 system to serve Xsane for my
    daughter's Win98
    box, now that Red Hat has replaced the inetd super-server with xinetd.

    If anyone is interested, what is required is to create an entry for the
    saned
    daemon in the xinetd format. You can add the entry directly to the
    xinetd.conf file,
    or as Red Hat chose to do, you can create a file for each service in
    /etc/xinetd.d.

    I chose to follow the RH example, so I created the file
    /etc/xinetd.d/sane,
    shown below:

    # default: off
    local\
    # scanner via the local network.
    service sane
    {
            port = 6566
            socket_type = stream
            wait = no
            user = saned
            group = saned
            server = /usr/local/sbin/saned
    }

    Maybe, the man page for SANED should be updated?

    Cheers,

    Matt