Re: Slide scanner

From: Jonathan Buzzard (jonathan@buzzard.org.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 03:51:52 PST

    <ilya-sane@psn.ru> wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I am choosing a slide scanner which works with SANE.
    > Does anybody have any experience with the following devices:
    > - Microtek FilmScan 35 (USB)
    > - Acer ScanWit 2720S (SCSI)
    > - Microtek ScanMaker 35t plus (SCSI)
    > - Minolta DIMAGE Dual Scan (SCSI)
    > - Hewlett-Packard HP PhotoSmart S20 (USB)
    > - Canon CanoScan 2700F (SCSI)
    > - Canon CanoScan FS2710 (SCSI)
    > - Nikon CoolScan III LS-30 (SCSI)
    >
    > I'll appreciate any help
    > With best regards

    The Minolta Dual Scan has been replaced with the Dual Scan II a
    USB device, which is an Avision SCSI device hiding behind a USB
    interface. I would have though that with a 2.4 kernel and the
    USB-SCSI driver then Vuescan would drive it.

    JAB.

    --
    Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
    Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195