RE: Can't scan the second time

From: Adrian Perez Jorge (adrianpj@easynews.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 15:16:59 PST

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) >Hello,

    >I have a HP 4200c ScanJet. I can scan the first time from xscanimage, used
    >as a Gimp plugin, but when I try to do it the second time, the machine freezes.
    >I can see the scanner lamp moving -- it moves almost towards the end
    >of the opposite side, but suddenly stops.
    >
    >Any ideas ?
    >
    >Boris

    Hi Boris,

      Is this happening always or from time to time? `My' hp4200 is able
    to scan several times after the first one, but when I was developing
    the driver+backend, computer freezes were frequent. The computer where
    the scanner is connected to is running a 2.3.x kernel. I'll try to
    install the same kernel release you are using to check if I get the
    same problem. If not, I will ask you about debugging info. Is there
    any USB related message in the last lines of the xconsole/kernel log
    just when the computer gets freezed?

      By the way, is this happenning at all scanning resolutions? (maybe
    300 dpi is still unstable).

      Cheers,

    Adrian Perez Jorge
    <adrianpj@easynews.com>