Re: xscanimage

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 11:47:34 PST

    On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 05:08:51PM -0600, ld kelley (larry) wrote:
    > I have just installed sane on an Solaris 8 (10/00) system (Ultra 60).
    > I have added code to the SCSI interface to use the USCSI interface
    > of the sgen (SCSI generic passthrough) driver released with Solaris 8.
    >
    > I have a UMAX Astra 2400 and I have no problems using scanimage (command
    > line) to get scans.
    >
    > I would like to send back the changes. What is the accepted method
    > for this?

    If they are not too big (<20 kb) post them to the list. The best thing
    would be to make a (gziped) patch against recent CVS. Otherwise send it by
    email to me, I will try compiling on some systems. You can also
    contact Abel Deuring <a.deuring@satzbau-gmbh.de> who did some work on
    sanei_scsi.c and seems to understnad more about SCSI than me :-)

    If the change doesn't harm other systems I (or another developer) can
    add it to CVS.

    > Also, xscanimage is giving me fits (I am not a gui person). I can
    > preview the image (works great). But when I scan, it goes through
    > the motions, produces a file but the file is garbage. Any ideas.

    What do you mean by garbage? Is it truncated? Not even the pnm header
    exists? Or is the image just wrong in some way?

    Bye,
      Henning