Re: Problem with scan quality using UMAX Astra 1220S

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 13:45:49 PST

    Rod Pike wrote:
    > As I can get good scans running TWAIN, I'm doubtful that I have a
    > hardware problem.

    We had several cases in which a hardware bug only was visible
    under linux. Linux does use the hardware in a harder and more
    intensive way so that problems may occur that are not visible
    under windows.

    > Are there any ways of tweaking the SCSI driver properties?

    Take a look at /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi
    and read the docs or the beginning of the sourcecode
    of your scsi driver.

    I think it will be a problem of your Mainboard BIOS
    or of the linux support for your mainboard chipsets.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch