Scanjet 5300C status

From: Michael Torrie (torriem@byu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 09:36:17 PST

    According the web page, this scanner is supposed to run with the avision

    backend and the usb scanner.o module. Has anyone been successful? I
    hacked the scanner.c to add the 5300C's numbers, and it does recognize
    it. scanimage now just times out doing a scsi-inquiry.

    I would like to get this scanner running as soon as possible, as there
    is a greate need. Looks like it should be an easy matter to get some
    basic funtionality. For those who have been successful, how did you do
    it?

    Thanks for the help.

    Michael