Re: New backends for SANE 1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 10:43:31 PST

    On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 12:24:07AM +0100, Karsten Festag wrote:
    [about the maintainer]
    > He didn't respond to anything in the mailing list since spring of this
    > year. But I will write him an e-mail directly, let's wait a week and see
    > if he's still there.

    Ok. In my opinion: If he doesn't answer you can include the changes
    that (probably) won't harm any other scanner into sane 1.0.4. E.g.
    bugfixes like the DBG thing or support for additional scanners. For
    more critical/complicated stuff it's better to wait until some more
    users have tried your code :-)

    If you set up a web page, we can include it into the .desc file (and
    the web page).

    Bye,
      Henning