Re: Mustek (Trust Imagery 1200SP) scanner prob

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 10:20:42 PST

    On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 11:37:41AM +0100, Heremans Pieter wrote:
    > my scanner reacts on all user requests, but
    > no image is returned (to be more precise: a
    > black image is returned)

    Could you please use

    SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK=5 xscanimage 2>debug.log)

    (or whatever frontend you use), scan a small image and send the
    resulting debug.log to me (if the image is all black I don't need the
    image itsself)?

    Does this happen in any mode (Color, grayscale, lineart)? Does it help
    to enable "use custom gamma correction" in the frontend?

    > i use the last version of SANE (103), which i
    > compiled on my linux i386 sytem (SUSE 6.3).
    >
    > my scanner is connected to a adaptec 2940 PCI
    > SCSI card.

    Which kernel version are you using? I had some problems with Linux
    kernel 2.2.15 and below and this SCSI adapter but the symptoms were
    different. 2.2.17 works. You may try to limit the SCSI buffer to 32 KB
    ("options buffersize 32" in mustek.conf after the device you use) but
    I don't think this will help in your case.

    Bye,
      Henning