Re: #include <sane...> instead of "sane..."

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 22:52:54 PST

    Jochen Eisinger wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > [Oliver Rauch]
    >
    > > It does not look like a problem that does occur often, but
    > > I also do not see a problem to change all to
    > > #include "../include/sane/sane*"
    > >

    > I also think the "../include/sane/..." style is the best... I've added a
    > little script to change this in all files but the frontends (where
    > saned.c & test.c can't be frontends, because they include sanei_*.h
    > files which shouldn't be accessable to frontends)

    Hi Jochen.

    Frontends also may have access to sanei_*.

    The sanei_* files shall not be installed on the system directories
    because they are not part of the sane standard, but a frontend may
    use these routines. If we move a frontend out of the backend-package
    we also have to copy some sanei_* routines to the frontend-package
    (already done for xcam and xscanimage).

    > What about the same problem in this favour: "lalloca.h" vs <lalloca.h>
    > (or "getopt.h" vs <getopt.h>)? In this case we should write something
    > like this:
    >
    > #ifdef HAVE_LALLOCA_H
    >
    > #include <lalloca.h>
    >
    > #else
    >
    > #include "../include/lalloca.h"
    >
    > #endif
    >
    > any comments?

    In the manpage of getopt it is described that
    #include <getopt.h> should be done. So it has
    to be used or we get problems when getopt is
    available at the system.

    With lalloca.h I don`t know but I don`t see
    a problem here to keep it as it is.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --