Re: Problems with Microtek E3 on Adaptec 1502 SCSI on SuSE Linux.

From: John Craig (jcraig@agen.ufl.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 07:56:27 PST

    Some suggestions that could simplify things for you. I have a Microtek E3 at home and it works very well now. It uses
    the microtek backend (not mictotek2). It is usually a good idea to edit the dll.conf file to comment out the backends
    you are not using; it seems this is in one of the READMEs or man pages. Anyway, just put a # in front of all the lines
    except microtek (or leave pnm for testing, and net for network scanning).

    Next, you might have to edit the microtek.conf file. Try uncommenting or commenting the noprecal line. This can keep
    some scanners from working.

    Good luck!

    John Craig