Re: X-Frontends (xscanimage+xcam) and sane-1.0.4

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 13:05:38 PST

    On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 07:44:05PM +0000, James Tappin wrote:
    > While we're on the subject of organization etc. I think t would be good
    > idea if it were possible to build only selected backends (rather as is
    > done in gphoto where you only build support for the camera(s) you want) --
    > maybe it already is possible but if so it's not clearly documented. For
    > example, I only need Mustek support so I would like not to have to build
    > Agfa, Umax etc.

    It is possible. Edit backend/Makefile.in, look for
    PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS and remove all backends you don't like. I think
    we can document this somewhere (at least in the FAQ, maybe in the
    README).

    Probably it's possible to move this list to configure and add an
    option like --with-backends= but I don't know if it's really necessary.

    On a similar topic: Would it be possible to add an option
    "--disable-jpeg" to configure? SGI seems to ship incompatible jpeg
    libs so make fails. It's a bit ugly to remove jpeg from configure
    manually each time. Or is there any trick I can use?

    Bye,
      Henning