Re: Strange problem regarding remote scanning

From: Dietz Proepper (dietz@rotfl.franken.de)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 16:13:59 PDT

    Petter,

    On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 12:04:26AM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > [Dietz Proepper]
    > > If I scan a preview or take a look at the results from scanimage it
    > > seems to be some kind of error in the data transmisson, looks like
    > > the client expected n bytes and the server gave him less than n
    > > nytes of data.
    >
    > Did you remember to edit saned.conf to give access to the client
    > hosts? If not, you would get strange error messages.

    Yes, I can distinguish an I/O-error from a garbled scan ;)

    As far as I am into it now it seems to be some weirdness in the way
    the saned frontend communicates with the snapscan-usb backend.

    Currently I can scan very well locally (but only with scanimage,
    xscanimage or xsane fail if I try to do color scans) but get either
    garbled scans (scanimage) or the client hangs during scanning
    (xscanimage, xsane). Grayscale or lineart scans seem to work
    remotely.

    Dietz