Re: sane fronten packages

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 08:44:32 PDT

    [Oliver Rauch]
    > what about "japi"? Does it work?

    I do not know. If it works, it is an access library and I therefore
    believe ig should be part of the backend package. If it doesn't, it
    do no harm, and can just stay where it is. Why remove it?

    Is there anyone who have tested the Java API? I have never tried it.

    > Is scanadf an X based frontend or a command line frontend?

    I believe it is a command line frontend, a modified/extended
    scanimage.

    The reason I want to split the SANE distribution in two, is to make it
    simpler to install only the library if some application needs it.
    There should be no need for X to install SANE. I'm not sure if this
    was the original motivation for a split, and I do no longer remember
    who first suggested to split the package.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no