Re: Problems with Acer ScanPrisa 640S

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 06:36:16 PDT

    Patrik Stähli wrote:

    > I wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > > Debug output of sane dll and snapscan backend is here:
    > > http://n.ethz.ch/student/staehlip/download/sane.log
    >
    > Did someone already look at the debug output?
    > I think that there are way too much 0's in the 'inquiry' sections, but I
    > don't know what correct values should look like.
    > It would be really helpful if someone could provide the same debug
    > output (SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255) of a _working_ Model
    > 620S...

    Yes, there are far too many zeros. The 640U has been reported to work with
    1.0.3 + the USB add ons. The 610+ (SCSI) and 620S seem to work OK too. I
    would expect your 640S to be very similar to these. I don't think the
    output from a run on my 610+ will help much. It looks like your run, until
    the inquiry section. Then I get sane numbers for all the values. Perhaps
    this is not a scanner or sane problem, but a SCSI one. I have never tried a
    2.4 test kernel. Has anyone else has success with one?

    Regards,
    Steve