Strange problem regarding remote scanning

From: Dietz Proepper (dietz@rotfl.franken.de)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 01:30:26 PDT

    not sure wether that is a known issue, some searching did not yield
    any result.

    My problem: I installed sane 1.01 with the usb-patch from
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/henrikj/snapscan/ the other day. Everything
    works fine locally but if I try to scan from another host using
    xscanimage or scanimage the client crashes (xscanimage) or hangs
    (scanimage). If I scan a preview or take a look at the results from
    scanimage it seems to be some kind of error in the data transmisson,
    looks like the client expected n bytes and the server gave him less
    than n nytes of data.

    The same happens if I scan locally via the net meta backend.

    Any idea?

    kindest regards

    Dietz "really confused" Proepper