Re: Problems with Acer ScanPrisa 640S

From: cbagwell@sprynet.com
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 10:36:31 PDT

    I have a Acer 640BU Scanner which is USB. I've noticed a few problems
     with the sane-1.0.3 backend (using some USB patches). Most of them
     are lockup related.

    I have better luck with the version of sane-1.0.1. You might download
     it and try it out. The same change you added to 1.0.3 is needed but
     label it as a SNAPSCAN600 instead of a PRISA620S.

    Also, I'm slowing adding patches to the new snapscan webpage. They
     include patches for USB support and various snapshots of the
     developement between whats in sane-1.0.1 and sane-1.0.3.

    http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/ and
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/snapscan

    If anyone would like to help out on written web pages on how to set up
     our AFGA/Acer scanner it would be very helpful so I could concentrate
     on coding.

    Chris