Re: PhotoSmart S20 USB support?

From: Warren Young (tangent@cyberport.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 22:41:10 PDT

    Jim Radford wrote:

    > What is a good alternative photo/negative/slide scanner that SANE does
    > support?

    SANE only supports the Nikon scanners, IIRC.

    I'm a member of a photo club, and I think everyone there who owns a
    slide scanner owns one of the Minolta D'Image scanners. You can use use
    these and other scanners under Linux with Hamrick Software's
    closed-source-but-cheap VueScan. It runs on Windows, Linux and Mac, and
    it delivers better results than the Minolta software on Windows. On
    Linux, it delivers the _only_ results you can get. :) Good stuff,
    www.hamrick.com

    --
    = Warren -- ICBM Address: 36.8274040 N, 108.0204086 W, alt. 1714m