Re: bug in sanei_debug.h

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 03:12:23 PDT

    [Jochen Eisinger]
    > I've patch sanei_debug.h... now it creates one additional function
    > for each backend that #includes sanei_debug.h (if there is no
    > support for vararg macros). The output is the same as if it was
    > compiled with vararg macros.

    I suggest removing the vararg macro implementation if the new one
    works equally well. It would be very nice to have portable code in
    the debug functions.

    > * debug_msg is no more static (maybe it should be renamed
    > sanei_debug_msg to avoid conflicts)

    Good idea.

    > * the new per backend function needs to #include stdlib, string & stdarg

    Is this really a problem?

    > * it allocates memory

    This can be avoided by changing the arguments to debug_msg() to
    inclued the backend name as well:

      debug_msg (level, DBG_LEVEL, STRINGIFY(BACKEND_NAME), msg, ap);

    Then the output can be printed with two vfprintf() calls unless stderr
    is a socket. If it is a socket, I guess there is no other way to make
    sure all the info is included in the syslog message but to allocate
    some memory. :-/

    Why did you not make the DBG_LOCAL function static? I believe it
    should be.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen  <##  |  pere@td.org.uit.no