Re: Problems with saned/net backend

From: Jaeger, Gerhard (gjaeger@sysgo.de)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 08:06:11 PDT

    On Mon, 16 Okt 2000, mh wrote:
    [SNIP]
    > > strange problem!
    > it seems that I always have really strange problems ;-)

    YES, INDEED ;-))))

    > Hmm, this is definitely not the noise I normally hear during calibration :-(
    > It's that typical noise (something like "clack,clack,clack") you can hear
    > when the scanner moves beyond it's end position (what happens sometimes in
    > binary or halftone mode).

    You might patch the file models.c of the driver, in function
    modelInitPageSettings() line 92 or so there's the line:

    ps->LensInf.rExtentY.wMax += 64;

    Increase the value, try and use 65, 96 or even 128 and check if the
    clack, clack in binary or halftone mode disappears.
    This will not cure the other effect!
    This sounds like the driver doesn't correctly detect the home-position
    of the sensor. Can you have a look at the motor or even the sensor
    to find out in which direction it tries to pull the sensor?

    Gerhard