Re: Problems with saned/net backend

From: mh (moloch@nikocity.de)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 06:56:26 PDT

    Jaeger, Gerhard, Mon, 16 Okt 2000:
    Hi,
    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > strange problem!
    it seems that I always have really strange problems ;-)

    > During the start, the scanner normally never hits the scanbed because
    > the homeposition is secured with a sensor that avoids hitting the bed.
    > The awful noise comes from the calibration sequence!
    >
    > The other message seems to be backend problem. I'll check that.

    Hmm, this is definitely not the noise I normally hear during calibration :-(
    It's that typical noise (something like "clack,clack,clack") you can hear
    when the scanner moves beyond it's end position (what happens sometimes in
    binary or halftone mode).
    I never heard this noise without the net backend.

    Michael