Re: bug in sanei_debug.h

From: Jochen Eisinger (jochen.eisinger@gno.de)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 12:09:00 PDT

    Hi!

    [Henning Meier-Geinitz]
    > Hi,
    >
    > On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 02:58:33PM +0200, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
    > > If you want to compile SANE without support for vararg macros, the
    > > prototype of sanei_debug_init is commented out... this can be avoided by
    > > the attached patch...
    >
    > At least the patch seems to work for Linux/i386/gcc and Irix6.2/Mips/cc.
    > Any idea why this was done in this way?

    I think there was no special reason for this - I think it's really a
    bug: the defintion of sanei_debug_init needs to be present for both
    vararg and no-vararg macros.

    > Generally, wouldn't it be better to test for the availability of vararg
    > macros (in configure)? I don't know if this is possible/reliable ...

    Of course it would be possible - try to compile a programm with vararg
    macros during configure, if it fails we don't have support for it.
    Perhaps this information can be used in other programs to.

    However, I'm still going to commit the change tommorow... I think this
    wasn't a objection from you, Henning, was it?

    -- jochen