Re: Sane with latest Gimp

From: Dave Hill (dave@minnie.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 13:56:43 PDT

    Nick Lamb wrote:

    > On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 09:11:55PM +0100, Dave Hill wrote:
    > > This was discussed recently, it's easier than that. Just define
    > > GIMP_COMPAT_CRUFT and all will be well.
    >
    > That's more a workaround than a fix. This API change is permanent,
    > and needed for namespace cleanliness, so eventually SANE should ship
    > a version which uses the newer names. When that should happen is not
    > a question for me though I'm afraid.

    Yes, I know. But, to make it compile with Gimp 1.0.4 as well,
    the quickest way out is to do the define.

    The old names will not be removed until the Gimp 1.3 development
    tree starts, so this fix will work for 1.2 when it is released
    (real soon now..).

    Dave

    --
    Dave Hill, Kempston, Bedford UK		  dave@minnie.demon.co.uk
    				davehill at users.sourceforge.net
    Sicth munce ago, I cutn't evun spel enjuneer, and now I are one!