MICROTEK ScanMaker 600ZS

From: Paul Budden (budz@vitel.tzo.com)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 20:32:20 PDT

    I am experanceing a problem with a MicroTek ScanMaker 600ZX where it will
    lock up with an I/O error after the first scan in colour mode.

    This is a 3-pass colour scanner which Xsane identifies correctly. I have
    also tried a ScanMakerII with the same results.

    Both scanners will scan in grey with no problem, and even selects the
    correct filter on the scan head.

    I am not a programmer so I am in the dark with creating a fix for this,
    but it seems there is a communication problem... could the commands be
    sent too soon for the second pass?? and the scanner is not reciving them
    before the end of the first scan?

    Can anyone help on this please?

    Regards

    Paul Budden