Re: Hosting SANE.H at www.OpenOffice.org

From: David Mosberger-Tang (David.Mosberger@acm.org)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 10:00:09 PDT

    The sane.h header file is indeed in the public domain. Feel free to
    include it with OpenOffice.

            --david

      James> I am working with the team which is preparing the source code
      James> of OpenOffice for release at www.OpenOffice.org.

      James> The source code uses the header file SANE.H For convenience
      James> we would like to have the header hosted at
      James> www.OpenOffice.org. The alternative is a process where an
      James> open source developer must download a tarball from
      James> www.mostang.com

      James> My understanding from your introduction page is that the SANE
      James> API is available to both proprietary and non-proprietary
      James> applications.
    >> The current source code is written for UNIX (including GNU/Linux)
    >> and is available under the GNU General Public License (the SANE
    >> API is available to proprietary applications and backends as
    >> well, however).
      James> No changes have been made to the header, so no patch would be
      James> required.

      James> Yours, James.

      James> -- Source code, list archive, and docs:
      James> sane-devel | mail majordomo@mostang.com