RE: Lineart with xsane/mustek (Was: Patch for sane.tex (image pol arit y))

From: Collins, Martin (martin.collins@sage.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 02:17:32 PDT

    > From: Henning Meier-Geinitz [mailto:hmg-ml@gmx.de]
    >
    > Maybe a bug in the Mustek backend. I can't reproduce this with other
    > scanners so this must be in the A3 Pro code. Could you send a
    > debug log of such a scan (to hmg@gmx.de). e.g.

    I tried Nick's suggestion last night, specifying a pbm file extension
    does give a 1-bit file, which is good. It would be better if sane
    automatically created a 1-bit pnm for lineart though.
    I will try the debug thing tonight Henning, if I get time.

    Now I have to figure out how to stop the gimp from converting my nice
    1-bit files to greyscale when I process them. It doesn't appear to
    have an option to write 1-bit files.

    Martin

    The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
    and may not represent those of the company.

    This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it
    is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient.
    You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail
    to another person or take copies of it.