Re: Patch for sane.tex (image polarity)

From: Collins, Martin (martin.collins@sage.com)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 10:54:55 PDT

    > Henning Meier-Geinitz [mailto:hmg-ml@gmx.de] wrote
    >
    > Definitely. If somebody really needs 1-bit color ...

    I may have got the wrong end of the stick here, are you
    (and David) suggesting that 1-bit lineart not be supported?

    When I try lineart (with calibration switched on so it works)
    with my Mustek A3 Pro I get a grey-scale file. Xsane says
    the file size will be 1MB as I would expect for 1-bit but
    the pnm created is 8MB grey.

    Now, I plan to scan a lot of black & white stuff , so yes,
    somebody really needs 1-bit color!

    Martin

    The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
    and may not represent those of the company.

    This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it
    is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient.
    You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail
    to another person or take copies of it.