How to configure xsane I/P device? (xsane v4l interface)

From: Lawrence Glaister (lg@jfm.bc.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 11:55:03 PDT

    I am using xsane 0.61 with 1.01/1.02/1.03 versions of sane.
    I have a web cam (Creative Labs webcam 3 USB) on one usb port and usb
    scanner (Agfa 1212u) on the other port.
    xscanimage correctly sees both devices and allows me to chose the input
    device.
    How do I get xsane to use the scanner instead of the webcam?

    - A second problem with xsane and the webcam is that yellow areas of the
    picture show up as blue. I suspect that xsane is expecting an rgb image, but
    most webcams return a bgr or is it gbr? It may be useful to add a v4l
    interface config that allows swapping the rgb components.

    - A third problem with the xsane v4l interface, is that it appears to be
    using the wrong buffer for pulling its data.... ie, the first preview gives
    a blank image (black) and the second attempt gives a correct image... this
    continues... the preview data is always 1 picture behind the last picture
    taken from the camera. I know the ov511 camera driver has 2 image buffers
    and toggles between them. This can probably be fixed with a v4l sync call.

    Is anyone else seeing similar problems?