xsane DOES NOT WORK

From: bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2000 - 11:40:31 PDT

    I recently upgraded my linux distribution to Mandrake 7.2 and my
    sane/xsane to 1.0.1/0.61. Since that point, I cannot get xsane to work.

    find-scanner shows /dev/sg1 and /dev/sgb. This is fine.

    xscanimage works just fine. When running, it shows in the titlebar that
    it is using /dev/sgb. Fine.

    When I run xsane the dialogs come up fine. The titlebar in the preview
    window shows E3 /dev/sgb. Just perfect. I'm using a microtek E3 scanner.

    When I press 'acquire preview' I get the dialog:

            "Failed to start scanner: Error during device I/O"

    Something is broken...but I have no idea of what else to try.

    --
       __
      /  )      /         Bob van der Poel