Re: sane-devel mailing list blocking non-subscribers

From: Arcady Genkin (antipode@thpoon.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 20:13:56 PDT

    Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

    > When talking with David earlier, he mentioned that most of his time
    > spent on SANE was used maintaining the mailing list. I'm not sure,
    > but I suspect most of it was used bouncing legitimate postings from
    > non-subscribers into the list.

    Actually, the messages don't even get bounced. They just perish, and
    the sender has no way of knowing that the message hasn't gone through.

    What's involved in maintaining the mailing list? I thought that most
    things can be automated, including bouncing the messages from
    non-subscribers, no?

    --
    Arcady Genkin
    Don't read everything you believe.