Nikon LS-1000 Progress

From: ken fisher (kfisher@gci.net)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 19:18:24 PDT

    First: To Abel D and Douglas G and others who advised: Thank you. I now have
    my scanner working by using a different scsi card. Before I could get the
    Symbios card I was able to get an Advansys. It works fine, and I'm saving the
    Symbios for my next homebuild machine.
    At the moment, my system won't support greater than 800x600 screen and I
    haven't been able to get xcanimage to work as a plug-in under Gimp. This seems
    to leaves me with a minor problem:
    Xscanimage opens with a window that is a bit bigger vertically than my screen.
    I have to try to push it as high as possible, then when I want to scan, I move
    my mouse below the visible screen and click.
    Any suggestions on what to do, who to check with, how I could modify things a
    bit would be quite welcome.
    Again, thanks for the advice. It worked.
    Scanning and grinning in Anchorage, Alaska.
    Ken Fisher