How often do you hear this?

From: System Administrator (dburr@ug.cs.usyd.edu.au)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 09:40:42 PDT

    I have an Artec 6000C handheld scanner. It originally had an 8 - pin DIN,
    but I chopped it off and wired a 9 - pin PC serial port to it, wired as
    follows:
       Din DB9
       1------4
       3------3
       4------5
       5------2
    However, the sane drivers only appear to look for parallel versions (I'm
    guessing this is what the adapter card forces the port to look like). Has
    anyone written a serial driver as such before? I'm perfectly
    willing to do it myself, but I'm in no rush to reinvent the wheel.

    If anyone disagrees with my wiring, I'd also like to know.

    DB