MicroTek 600ZS Problem

From: Paul Budden (budz@vitel.tzo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 13:10:28 PDT

    Hi All,

    I have looked through most of the archives of this list looking for any
    info in this scanner, but with no luck. So I will plead your help with
    the following problem.....

    I aquired a MicroTek 600ZS 3-pass flatbed scanner. I have connected it to
    a DC390 which is running my SCSI Harddrive.
    After much shouting, screaming and bashing of close by mammals, I managed
    to get the DC390 to see the scanner.
    After this I downloaded and installed SANE 1.0.3
    all seems well if I am scanning in only one colour. ie gray. (the 600GS
    was the grayscale only scanner)
    when I got all the collective parts stable (strangly enough the scanner
    will *NOT* crash my Linux Box if the terminator is *NOT* connected)

    If I scan in colour I can see the filter move, and the scan head will make
    the first pass ok. But that then is it.. if I am unlucky, the SCSI bus
    will lock... other wise the scanner will freeze attemping , I asume, the
    2nd pass.

    I believe I have tryed most things mentiond in the archives, including
    checking for a 3-pass bug that is now corrected in this release.

    I am at a loss.. can anyone shed some light on this please...

    Thank you in advance

    Paul Budden