Re: sane-1.0.3 released

From: Harry E. Clarke (hec@heclarke.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 14:10:08 PDT

    Hello Martin,

    I too experienced the same problem, but was able to resolve it by
    installing the X11 development package, which I did not have to do
    for the previous version, SANE-1.0.2.

    This issues to resolve are:
    1) configure did not check for this particular dependancy
    2) Why is a backend requiring X11 to be present.

    Hopefully these problems will be resolved in the next release of sane.

    Regards
    Harry