Re: short comment about graphical frontends

From: Nick Lamb (njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 07:24:17 PDT

    On Thu, Aug 10, 2000 at 06:31:53PM +0200, mh wrote:
    > I first noticed this when I tried to implement my own frontend.
    > Sometimes the image size seemed to be wrong.
    > Therfore I made a short test with xscanimage1.0.2 and xsane0.59...
    > same problem :-(
    >
    > At least the backend I'm using (plustek V0.36-18)doesn't allow you
    > to set a tlx/tly value that's bigger than the brx/bry value, even
    > if this is only an intermediate state.

    This is probably legal, the alternative would be for the backend to
    reset brx/ bry whenever tlx/ tly get too large. We could write an
    implementation note for backend designers which recommends one way
    or the other I suppose.

    > That's very annoying when you want to adjust the scansize in the
    > preview window in xsane/xscanimage.

    Well, I would think that's probably best fixed in xsane/ xscanimage
    for now, a quick and easy solution is to set tlx, tly, then brx, bry
    and then tlx, tly again to be sure.

    In fact, I think I've seen this problem, but I couldn't swear which
    backend I've seen the behaviour you describe on.

    [snipped]
    > The result is, that I have to choose the scan area twice (most of the time)
    > to finally get what I want :-(

    Nick.