Re: Microtek Phantom with ppSCSI

From: Riku Turkia (riku.turkia@savcor.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 22:22:05 PDT

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Marcel Pol" <mpol@gmx.net>
    To: <sane-devel@mostang.com>
    Sent: 25. heinäkuuta 2000 16:29
    Subject: RE: Microtek Phantom with ppSCSI

    > On 24-Jul-00 Riku Turkia wrote:
    > > Has anyone got Microtek Phantom with parallel port cable (model
    MRS-600V3)
    > > working with ppSCSI patches? I have tried but without any luck.
    >
    > Not that same model, but i had two working with ppscsi.

    I finally got it working! Now the very last reason to use any Windows
    compatible operating system has gone away. Except for OCR application I may
    have to use WINE if I don't want to pay $99 for Vivdata's OCR Shop (is
    anyone using it?).

    Funny thing is that although the badge says MRS-600V3 SANE and others
    recognise the scanner as 300A4.

    > I like it as module, with the 2.2 kernel i have some problems with sharing
    the
    > parport with a printer. With 2.4 it seems to go much smoother, but well, i
    used
    > it only for one week.

    There are obvious problems with sharing. As long as I had parport module
    loaded, onscsi replied that "Resource is busy".

    Riku