Re: Are we ready for a new release?

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 08:29:26 PDT

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > Are we ready for a new release? What have been tested, and what
    > worked? I need to know before I wrap up the current CVS version and
    > tag the source merge it into the main branch.

    Hi Petter,

    there are still problems with the sgi library versions.
    The suggestion I made to Henning is a bad hack and I think
    we should think about if we really want to use it.

    The problem if we do not use it is that we have to manually
    set a link from sane-*.so.2 to sane-*.so.1

    I don`t know why there is needed a *.so.1 library.

    What about the AIX problems?

    Bye
    Oliver

    --