Re: Code freeze for 1.0.3

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 11:25:53 PDT

    On Sun, Aug 06, 2000 at 08:00:26PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > > The author asked me explicitely to remove the information from the SANE
    > > distribution so I think we shouldn't add an entry again.
    >
    > Ok,, if he asked for that.
    > Did he explain why?

    It's a very old handscanner. Nobody else seems to use it (see web page). It
    needs a Linux kernel module and he doesn't like to update it any more.
    Nobody wanted to take over maintainership.

    http://www.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~aherms/sane-sagitta.html

    > If he does not want to work on it, we shoud search a new maintainer.

    I think he tried that for years.

    > Or are there any copyright problems because of the protocoll / NDA ?

    I don't know.

    Bye,
      Henning