Re: Code freeze for 1.0.3

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 13:08:11 PDT

    Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

    > What about the frontend entries? Can we remove them completely? What about
    > the jscan (seems to be jscanimage now), this looks rather old and
    > unmaintained. I have never tried this code, is it working?

    I suggest to leave the frontend entries that are not included into the project.
    If someone looks at this file he wants to know about what exists or is planned
    and is not included into the package.
    So I think you should leave jscan(image) an xsane.
    I don`t know a link to jscan(image). Please set a link for xsane to
    http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-xsane.html

    > What about OS/2 support? Is Jeff Freedman really working on this? URL?

    Hi Henning,

    I don't know if Jeff Freedman is doing it, but I think there is someone who
    cares (a little bit) about the os/2 port. So leave it. May be we find out more.

    you also can add me for:
        planned win32 port for sane
    and:
        planned TWAIN interface for xsane-win32

    (if I ever find the time for it, but porting xsane to windows was not really difficult).

    We also should leave/add the backends that are not included into sane,
    don`t matter if they are two years old. It is better to start from a 2 year old code
    than to start from ZERO.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --