backend includes of package files

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 04:58:25 PDT

    I think a lot of backends do have a little bug in the #includes path.

    The include files that are part of the package should not
    be included with <headerfile>, it should be "headerfile".

    So it should be
    #include "sane/sane.h"
    or
    #include "../include/sane/sane.h"

    instead of
    #include <sane/sane.h>

    relevant header files are eg:

    #include "sane/sane.h"
    #include "sane/sanei.h"
    #include "sane/saneopts.h"
    #include "sane/sanei_scsi.h"
    #include "sane/sanei_debug.h"
    #include "sane/sanei_backend.h"
    #include "sane/sanei_config.h"

    I am not sure if the "../include/sane/..." version is needed or if "sane/..." also is ok in all cases.
    We should use a common version for all backends!

    The <headerfile> version may be the reason for the problems that sometimes occur when
    more than one sane version is installed because the wrong header files may be used.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:       http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch