Re: Acer620UT

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2000 - 04:03:46 PDT

    Oliver Schwartz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > > I downloaded Sane-1.0.2. Can someone tell me if there is a required patch
    > > for this? The patch I have is for 1.0.1 and it seems to add snapscan-usb to
    > > the backend directory (I assume this since my new 1.0.2 install has no
    > > snapscan-usb file).
    >
    > > Or should I just download the snapscan-20000514.tar.gz file? I'll probably
    > > do that anyway to try it out.
    >
    > You're right. I forgot to mention that you need the snapscan-usb.* files since
    > they're not included in snapscan-20000514.tar.gz. You can simply copy the
    > existing ones from your sane-1.0.1 sources. (There is also an USB patch for
    > 1.0.2 from http://www.ginko.de/user/oschwartz/snapscan. But this patch is older
    > than snapscan-20000514.tar.gz, so it lacks the color offset correction).
    >
    > Steve, do you think it's possible to include the usb files in CVS (and maybe
    > have them included via #ifdef USB?)

    I wasn't sure what to do about the USB code when I updated the snapscan driver for
    colour correction. Iwanted to merge everyone's latest goodies, but I had no way to
    test them. I merged the parts of the USB which go into the other files, and the
    transparency patch, since they were pretty minor, and made sense in relation to
    the rest of the driver. If you find the whole thing runs acceptably with a 620UT
    its probably time to stuff the remaining elements of the USB update - the actual
    USB interface itself - into CVS.

    As for how it should be triggered during a build, are any other USB scanners
    supported by the CVS code? If so, how is their USB code triggered during a build?

    I'm happy to make some updates to the code. I just need a little guidance to keep
    in step with everyone else.

    Steve