Acer620UT

From: Paul Nixon (khobar@nis4u.com)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 10:04:46 PDT

    I'm working on trying to get my Acer 620UT USB scanner working and so far I've not had any luck. I apologize in advance if the info I provide is not in any logical order.

    2.2.16 kernel, 2.3 backport (about 2 weeks ago), Sane 1.0.1 with Henrik Johansson's patch applied.

    I see in /usr/local/bin/sane*/backend there is a snapscan.c and a snapscan-usb.c file, but only snapscan gets built. Is there really a snapscan-usb or is that part of the patch I applied? Should I just get a newer version of Sane?

    When I boot my system it says "USB scanner has claimed interface xxx" along with "USB scanner, Manufacturer Color" and "USB scanner, Product ID: FlatbedScanner 13", or words to that effect. However, scanimage -L and scanimage -T seem to lock the USB bus for a long time.

    Would appreciate any help.

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul Nixon