microtek V6USL

From: Richard Beare (Richard.Beare@cmis.csiro.au)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 20:05:53 PDT

    I'm experimenting with a microtek V6USL. In general it seems to function
    well using the microtek2 backend. There is a quirk that I'd like to
    eliminate though.

    If I run scanimage immediately after powering up the scanner things work
    fine. If I then wait 10-15 minutes and scan again I receive a black
    image. Power cycling starts working correctly again. Opening the lid of
    the scanner shows that the light doesn't turn on after the scanner has
    been unused for a while. I haven't yet checked to see whether the same
    behaviour occurs under Windows.

    Is anyone aware of a fix for this problem, or anything similar occuring
    with other microtek scanners?

    --
    Richard Beare, CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
    Locked Bag 17, North Ryde, NSW 1670, Australia

    Richard.Beare@cmis.csiro.au