advice about concurrent Linux/NT development?

From: Richard Beare (Richard.Beare@cmis.csiro.au)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 17:03:54 PDT

    Hi All,
    I'm about to begin developing a machine that incorporates a scanner.
    There is a requirement that the control software should run under both
    NT and Linux. Our initial work will use Linux. Does anyone have any
    experience making scanner based applications operate under both Linux
    and NT. Is there any way of avoiding twain entirely for the windows
    part? I'm assuming that I'm going to have to abstract the bits I'm
    interested using sane on Linux and twain under NT and provide a common
    interface at some level.
    Does anyone have any other suggestions?

    Thanks

    --
    Richard Beare, CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
    Locked Bag 17, North Ryde, NSW 1670, Australia

    Richard.Beare@cmis.csiro.au