sane-1.0.2 broken with SMP support under linux ?

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb (bzeeb+sane@zabbadoz.net)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 21:27:29 PDT

    I just installed a second prozessor and turned SMP support on
    in my linux-2.2.16. Since then (x)scanimage refusing to work.
    gimp and other stuff just running fine++;-)
    (x)scanimage seem to go in an endless loop not consuming a lot
    of resources but nearly hanging X and any consoles or even network
    connections very slow then.

    Booting an old non-SMP kernel p.ex. 2.2.9 and things start
    working again. (sorry, I do not yet have a working 2.2.16 nonSMP)

    Is this a known problem with SMP or with 2.2.16 ?
    Did anyone see same problems ? Is there a solution besides booting my
    old kernel every time I wanna scan ? (I would like to uptime that
    machine)

    If someone wants to ananlyse that and fix it I would be glad and send
    her/him the requested configure options and trace output seperatly but
    not to the list.

    (if this was already disucussed on the list I apologize for posting
    but I have not seen any similar problem in the list archive of the
    last three months quickly looking over the subjects.
    BTW some search function would be nice there ;-) ).

    Thanks for any helping.

    56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/